Working at Height Awareness Training
This course is ideal for both employees working at height and the managers, supervisors and individuals responsible for them. Delegates will be provided with an understanding of the risks and legal implications involved with working at heights and the practical precautions that should be adhered to. The training will cover every aspect of height from step ladders to safety harnesses, with Work at Height Regulations 2005 applying to all work where there is a risk of a fall that could cause personal injury.
- Introduction and explanation.
- The relevant legislation for both employees and employers.
- Reducing risk and implementing control measures.
- Ladders and stepladders.
- Edge protection.
- Scaffolding safety.
- Accessing towers and work platforms.
- Fall restraint and arrest.
- Risk assessment of site, task, equipment and personnel.
- Pre-use checks and inspections.
The working at heights awareness training course takes place over a 4 hour period. Delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide through these sessions and a 12-month certification will be awarded upon completion.