Moving and Handling of People Training
Moving and Handling of People provides delegates with an understanding of the industry-standard safe practice to implement when lifting and moving people, so as to minimise the risk of injury to themselves or the patient. Training is designed for those in the care sector, whose working role requires them to undertake moving and handling activities, and the course can be tailored to suit the delegates’ workplace.
- Course introduction.
- Duty of Care.
- Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Guidelines and regulations.
- Undertaking risk assessments.
- Safe handling technique.
- Why correct technique is important.
- Company policies.
- Anatomy of the human body.
- Bad practice and how to avoid it.
- Moving and handling equipment.
- Moving and transferring patients.
- Preventing injury from manual handling.
This course is delivered over half a day (3 hours) and a certificate will be awarded upon successful completion.