Abrasive Wheels Training
Abrasive Wheels training ensures that delegates have the vast skillset required to operate a range of equipment for grinding and cutting, including chop saws, disc cutters, cut off saws, and angle, pedestal and bench grinders. They will be made aware of HSE guidelines which they will need to comply with at all times when working. The course is designed for both operators and those at a managerial level and ensures that they hold a high level of competence so as to avoid any workplace injuries.
- Course introduction
- The HSE’s “Safety in the Use of Abrasive Wheels (HSG 17)”
- Remaining compliant
- Abrasive wheel categories and how they differ
- Abrasive wheel production
- Parts and machinery
- Speed variations
- Wheel rests, accessories and guards
- Dressing and balancing
- The correct process for mounting
- Risk and hazard management
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Inspecting and testing the wheels
- Recording and reporting any issues
- Correct handling techniques
- Storing the wheels safely
This course is delivered over 3 hours and a certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of a multiple-choice examination.
Time and Location
You can have your training delivered whenever and wherever you would like. We have trainers located across the UK and, with over 300 centres, you can be sure to find a location nearby. This also makes us flexible with time, and we will work around your schedule, even if you need training on the weekends.