Fire Safety Awareness Training
Fire Safety Awareness teaches delegates a theoretical understanding of fire safety equipment and procedures, including fire extinguisher colour coding, when a fire should and shouldn’t be dealt with, and the purpose of smoke alarms, sprinklers and fire doors. The training is designed for all staff and should be taken annually in order to comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Course introduction
- When a fire should be dealt with
- Safely extinguishing a fire when safe to do so
- Fire extinguisher colour code meanings
- Smoke alarms, sprinklers and fire doors
- Causes of fires and how to avoid them
- Stopping a fire from spreading if possible
This course is delivered over 2 hours and a certificate will be awarded upon completion. Delegates are able to attend a 1-hour practical fire extinguisher course afterwards if they wish to further their understanding.