Asbestos Awareness Training
Asbestos Awareness training is accredited by UKATA and ensures that delegates are aware of the risks associated with asbestos and how they can stay safe when working in an area where it may be found. They will be able to identify where asbestos may be by undertaking asbestos surveys in line with HSE guidelines so that the likelihood of exposure is reduced. The training is designed for staff at any level (aged 16+) whose working role may lead to their exposure to asbestos, for example, those working on buildings.
- Course introduction
- Remaining compliant (Control of Asbestos Regulations (requirement 10))
- Meeting HSE guidelines
- What is asbestos?
- Where can asbestos be found?
- Understanding the risks
- Health effects
- When might exposure to asbestos occur?
- Reduce the risks of exposure to asbestos
- What an asbestos survey is, and how to complete one
- Safe working practice
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Asbestos emergencies – how to act
- Asbestos removal
This course is delivered over half a day and a nationally recognised UKATA accredited Category A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion, valid for 1 year.
Time and Location
You can have your training delivered whenever and wherever you would like. We have trainers located across the UK and, with over 300 centres, you can be sure to find a location nearby. This also makes us flexible with time, and we will work around your schedule, even if you need training on the weekends.