The Moving and Handling of People Train the Trainer course provides delegates with an understanding of the best techniques and processes for safely lifting and moving patients, avoiding injury to the patient, other staff and themselves. They will also learn other essential manual handling skills, including risk assessment and using equipment, such as hoists, to move patients. Alongside this, the training covers a range of trainer elements, so that delegates are able to confidently and accurately teach what they have learnt to other members of staff; this means that the company will benefit from a skilled worker and in-house trainer, enabling them to reduce training overheads.
• Course introduction
• Remaining compliant (Health and Safety at Work Act and Manual Handling regulations)
• Good and bad practice
• Causes and effects of back pain
• Back care
• Employer and employee responsibilities
• Undertaking risk assessments
• Managerial responsibilities
• Types of equipment (hoists, slings, boards, belts, etc.)
• Using equipment (practical)
• Trainer skills:
• Introducing the course
• Techniques for teaching
• Methods of presentation
• Different ways of learning
• Retaining information
• Providing and receiving feedback
• Good and bad training (techniques, delivery and attitude)
This course is delivered over 2 days and a certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of a final written exam.
Time and Location
You can have your training delivered whenever and wherever you would like. We have trainers located across the UK and, with over 300 centres, you can be sure to find a location nearby. This also makes us flexible with time, and we will work around your schedule, even if you need training on the weekends.
If you’re still unsure and have another question you’d like to ask, please call 0129 360 2391 for more information.